20 minute Asian Noodle Salad with rice noodles, fresh veggies, and crunchy peanuts. A flavorful, healthy, satisfying plant-based side dish.
This is my kind of meal. Fresh, quick (just 30-minutes required!), satisfying, lots of veggies and tons of flavor!
It’s kinda a dream lunch/side-dish situation come true.
Buuut.. this Asian Noodle Salad is more than just delicious, fork twirling noodles. This recipe is all about the homemade limey-sesame-soy sauce that’s super easy and ready to go with just your regular pantry ingredients. Plus, there’s an assortment of colorful veggies and a handful of crunchy salty peanuts tossed in for good measure.
I’m in love with this recipe on many different levels.
- It’s sneaky easy. 15 minutes start to finish.
- Pantry ingredients. Mostly. The only exception is the liquid aminos which you could swap for soy sauce.. no prob.
- It uses all the leftover things. Think of this as a clean-out-the-fridge type recipe. Use what you’ve got, skip what you don’t! Turn that 1/2 box of mushrooms, 2 sad carrots and green beans on the verge of wilting into something tasty and wonderful!
- It’s pretty. I know judging something by appearance is shallow, but seriously.. who doesn’t like beautiful, colorful, texture-full food?
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: Veggies can be pre-chopped and the sesame-soy sauce can be made prior to assembling this salad. Just like that.. 15 minutes prep becomes 10 minutes prep.
Make Ahead: You can make this salad in advance, but it definitely tastes best fresh. When stored in the fridge the sauce thickens. To loosen it up, add a little bit of olive oil, sprinkle of rice vinegar and a splash of soy and mix noodles. Ready for round 2!
Freezer: Sorry guys.. not this time.
Asian Noodle Salad Video:
Asian Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1//2 cup soy sauce (use liquid aminos for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBS honey (use agave for vegan)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of carrots peeled into ribbons (with veggie peeler)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 3 TBS chopped peanuts
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Whisk to combine.
- To the same mixing bowl, add cooked noodles, carrots, cabbage, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and peanuts. Toss to combine.
- Liquid amios can be purchased in most grocery stores in the health food section.
- Make sure to check the ingredients of your peanuts. No added sugar or funky ingredients is necessary. You are looking for peanuts and possibly salt?.
- To make carrot ribbons, use a vegetable peeler.
- Subbing whole-wheat spaghetti for the rice noodles works well.
- To make this recipe gluten-free sub liquid aminos for soy sauce.
- To make this recipe vegan sub agave nectar for honey.
- Looking for more healthy whole-food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers from around the web!
- You can also find Simply Sissom on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook . Check it out, if you like what you see.. follow?!
Other Simple Whole-Food Side Dishes You Might Like:
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!