One bowl, 30 minute Asian-inspired turkey burger with a creamy Sriracha Lime mayonnaise. 10 ingredients, juicy, flavorful, delicious.
Happy burger season! Summer weather is here, and I’m ready to do some grilling! Ok, technically I’m ready for Joe to do some grilling, but that’s just details.
I’m going to cut right to the chase.
Make these Asian turkey burgers for dinner tonight. In fact, double the recipe, freeze some, have them again next Friday night! They are fast. They are healthy. They won’t make a giant mess in your kitchen. What more is there to say?
Ground turkey, cilantro, garlic, ginger, scallions, and a few more key ingredients create a base that’s built upon with seasonal toppings and a spicy Sriracha Lime Mayonnaise.
You guys, let’s take a second and talk about this sauce. It’s SO simple and adds a little kick to the burgers. If you don’t want to eat mayo, you can do 1 of 2 things.. a) just eat a little bit (so good) OR you can substitute some or all of the mayonnaise for greek yogurt. It’s still creamy and spicy but has way less calories and fat. Are you going to be able to taste a difference between the 2? Yes? It’s all about options around here.
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: Patties can be pre- assembled and stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Cover with plastic wrap.
Make Ahead: Follow recipe as described below. Cooked burgers can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days. They can be reheated as needed. Tip: Leftover turkey burgers make great salad toppings!
Freezer: Freeze patties individually on a tray and then place the frozen patties in a labeled and dated Ziplock bag.
- 1 lb turkey
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 3 TBS cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS ginger, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (whites and greens)
- 1 TBS liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- ½ TBS rice vinegar
- 8 dashes hot sauce (I just use Sriracha)
- 3 TBS Mayo
- 1 TBS Sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 tomato
- ¼ head of romaine lettuce
- ½ onion
- SRIRACHA MAYO: In a small bowl, combine 3 TBS mayo, and 1 TBS Sriracha and the juice and zest of 1 lime. Mix until fully incorporated.
- BURGERS: In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Form meat mixture into 4 equal sized patties. Heat grill or indoor grill pan to medium high heat. Cook patties for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Pile burgers onto whole wheat buns. Serve with lettuce, tomato, onion, and Sriracha mayonnaise.
- If you are short on time buy pre minced garlic and/or ginger. The flavor is not quite as fresh, but when you need fast, you need fast!
- Most Pre-Made Panko breadcrumbs that you buy from the store are loaded with sugar and other additives. It’s also really difficult to find whole-wheat Panko. Making your own is so easy. Panic is just a chunkier/crispier version of regular bread crumbs. Purchase some whole wheat bread, run it through the shredder blade of your food processor, spread the bread crumbs onto a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 300F until crunchy. Done.
- Liquid Aminos are a healthy soy sauce alternative. They are free from table salt and other preservatives. They are also GMO free. You can usually find it in the Asian foods aisle of most large grocery stores. You can also purchase it online.
Looking for more healthy whole-food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers from around the web!
Other Burger Recipes You Might Like:
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!