Best of August, a round up of August recipes and happenings at Simply Sissom.
Welcome to the Best of August where we officially say HELLO SEPTEMBER (aka… pumpkin spice, lol.. just kidding. Maybe.).
Let’s get started with what I made in the kitchen in August. SPOILER.. I seemed to have a thing for Italian and bite sized goodies this month. This month’s personal fav… Healthy Brownie Balls (no bake, 6 ingredients, 5 minutes prep … oh yeah, and they Are. So. Good.).
- Chicken Basil Meatballs (Whole30 Friendly)// 2. Pesto Chicken Bake// 3. Healthy Brownie Balls// 4. Simple Sausage Carbonara// 5. Freezer Friendly Chunky Marinara Sauce// 6. Simple Lunch Ideas + YUMBOX Giveaway
- Thank you so much to everyone who entered the Yumbox Giveaway contest. Congrats to the winner, Bonnie Lyons!!
- My first program, Savvy Mama Meal Prep: Quick and Easy went LIVE! You can learn more by clicking on the link, but in a nutshell, I took my 5 simplest (and tastiest) recipes and turned them into a prep ahead friendly meal plan. In short, spend 45 minutes (whenever you want) fully prepping 5 healthy whole-food dinners for the week! I provide the grocery list, shopping guide, recipes and step-by-step videos… you just make it happen! Enter code SMMP50 to save 50%.
- Simply Sissom has a private Facebook group, Simply Sissom Community and it’s FREE! I pop in each week with a super simple and prep-friendly dinner that I share via FB LIVE. Free downloadable prep instructions and recipes are also available. Feel free to invite a friend and join us!
- Lately I have been reading a lot about Whole30. I know, I know… I’ve been under a rock not to have tried it out by now. I am considering putting together a meal plan /group of people who might want to try it out together. If this is something you might have an interest in … email me and let me know!
Pesto Chicken Bake:
Simple Lunchbox Ideas:
September is one of my favorite cooking months. Although I admittedly should save the Fall baking for where it belongs… OCTOBER, I just can’t help myself. At the first hint of cool weather, I just start baking all things pumpkin, apple and cinnamon. Soooo, you can pretty much count on seeing some fun Fall recipes as well as a last few end-of-Summer goodies.
KEEP IN TOUCH:
Did you try one of these recipes? If so. make sure to tag Simply Sissom on Social media @simplysissom. I love seeing what you create
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!