Italian Sausage Sandwich
Recipe Type: Italian
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 4 Italian Turkey Sausages
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 100% whole wheat sandwich rolls
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice Pepper and Onions. Place on baking sheet.
- Drizze peppers and onions with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place sausages on baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until sausage is golden brown and veggies are tender.
- Slice sausage into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Arrange sausage, peppers, and onions onto whole wheat bun. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 cup of cheese. If the heat of the sausage and veggies is not enough to melt the cheese completely you can place sandwiches under the broiler until cheese is bubbly.
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!