Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Author: Bailey Sissom
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- 1 lb ground beef, organic recommended
- 2 large eggs
- Italian bread loaf, cut into 3 inch pieces and split open
- White Cheddar Cheese/Mozzarella for topping
- In crockpot, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, 2 TBS parsley, 2 garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, ½ tsp salt, pepper to taste, and ½ cup of water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs and milk. Soak 2 minutes. Add ½ cup parmesan, beef, eggs, remaining parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp of pepper. Mix with damp hands until combined. Shape into meatballs, about 1½ inches each; transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low, 7 hours. remove bay leaves and stir in the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on the bread and top with white cheddar or mozzarella.
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!