Pumpkin Spice Granola with toasted oats, pecans, sliced almonds, pepita seeds. Naturally sweetened with a combination of honey, maple syrup and pumpkin puree.
I know, I know… I should cool it with the pumpkin and you know, make real food. The kind that my family can actually eat for dinner.
Buuuuut… Fall. Baking. It just makes you feel so domestic. Not to mention, it makes your house smell delicious. Plus, let’s be completely serious, nobody will be complaining about all the pumpkin-y baked things hanging all around the house. Hey, it’s a
1 month 3 month season, ya gotta take full advantage!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: The dry ingredients can be mixed weeks in advance. When making the granola save yourself time and double the dry ingredients. Use half and store the rest in a sealed container in the pantry. When you are ready to make granola again you just have to heat the wet ingredients and mix it all up.
Make Ahead: Granola will keep 1-2 weeks in a sealed container. If refrigerated you can get a little extra time. It is perfect to have on hand for snacks, yogurt parfaits, muffin toppings, etc.
Freezer: Pumpkin spice granola is the perfect quintessential freezer food. Double the batch. Use half and store the rest in a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer. It will safely store for 1-3 months. Bust it out in January, when pumpkin season is just a distant memory.
HOW TO – VIDEO:
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 TBS. pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds,coconut, and salt. Mix.
- In a small pan, over medium heat-low heat, combine maple syrup, honey, pumpkin puree, coconut-oil, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir continuously until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour warm mixture over dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour granola onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into a single layer.
- Cook in oven until granola is golden brown, about 1 hr. and 30 minutes.
- Honey should be raw and bought locally when possible.
- Coconut oil can either be solid or liquid depending on temperature. If yours is in a solid state when you are making the recipe… no worries… it will liquify on the stove.
- The granola may not be super crunchy right out of the oven.. let it cool, it will crunch up! Do not overcook.
- I like to turn the oven up to 275 degrees for the last 5-10 minutes to give the granola an extra golden color. Make sure to keep an eye on it, once it’s done it will burn quickly.
- Looking for more healthy whole-food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers from around the web!
- You can also find Simply Sissom on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook . Check it out, if you like what you see.. follow.
Similar Recipes: Pumpkin Spice Granola:
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!