Roasted Potato, Spinach and Egg Breakfast Hash is the perfect prep ahead, Whole30 compliant breakfast. Simple to make, requiring just 7 ingredients and a sheet pan.
Healthy + Colorful + Mindless Meal Prep… that’s what we are getting into today!
You guys.. this Roasted Potato, Spinach and Egg Breakfast Hash is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Obviously I’ve got a thing going with grab-n-go breakfast (see exhibit A, B and C), and no.. this Roasted Potato, Spinach and Egg Hash does not HAVE to be meal prep – it can just be a wonderful sheet pan situation. But it works really really well for meal prep, AND it’s Whole30 compliant, which has kinda been the focus around here lately (see #simplysissomwhole30). So make it a meal prep, make it a regular old breakfast or serve it for dinner. You just do you, ok?
Here’s what I LOVE about this recipe:
- NO DISHES – Ok, ok, you can’t serve it on napkins, but as far as cooking goes.. a foil liner eliminates any time scrubbing pans at the sink.
- Adaptable – This is probably my favorite part. Who wants a recipe that requires you to go hunting for obscure ingredients? Nobody’s got time for that. Use ANY type of potato, whatever greens you like, and if you hate onion… skip it.
- Make Ahead Friendly – I know.. this is a bit redundant, but seriously.. I ADORE make-ahead friendly breakfast options because.. well, I’m not very good at “morning-ing” (<– it’s a thing).
Throwing this one together couldn’t be any simpler. Chop the veggies, add some seasoning, toss and bake. Once potatoes are tender and golden add add your greens, dig 6 little wells and drop in the eggs. Return the whole thing to the stove and let those eggs firm up while you sit back and enjoy your coffee and feel like the boss of breakfast.
That’s it.. the whole thing MAYBE takes 15 minutes of hands on prep time.
For those of you who are NOT taking the Simply Sissom Whole 30 January Challenge, you’re in luck.. this definitely isn’t bland “diet food.” You’re going to absolutely devour this one!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: The only thing about this recipe is chopping the veggies. This can be done up to 2 days in advance.
Make Ahead: You bet! I like to make this recipe and then divide it up into 6 containers. It’s a great grab-n’go breakfast. Keep in mind that the eggs will be cold and once refrigerated the consistency of a hard boiled egg. We were all good with this! If you prefer a fresh egg you can always divvy up the veggies and add one later.
Freezer: Nope, not this time.Print
Roasted Potato, Spinach and Egg Breakfast Hash
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: breakfast
- Method: sheet pan
- Cuisine: American
6-7 Yukon gold potatoes (about 1.5 lbs.)
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS Taco Seasoning (I use my homemade recipe that can be found below)
4 cups baby spinach
6 large eggs
4 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine potatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil and taco seasoning on the baking sheet. Toss to coat and then spread into a single layer. Roast in oven until the potatoes are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400. Add the spinach to the pan and stir. Return the pan to the oven for a few minutes, until spinach wilts. Once spinach is wilted, remove pan from oven and make 6 indentations in the hash. Break an egg into each indention. Roast until the egg whites are set, about 8-10 minutes (10 minutes results in a “hard” egg while 8 is a little runny). Top with green onions and parsley if desired. Serve immediately or separate it into portions to be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: 1 TBS chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper. You will have extra!
- Adding salsa takes this recipe over the top!!!
Recipes Like Roasted Potato, Spinach and Egg Hash:
- Prep-Ahead recipes are my all time favorite! Join the BRAND NEW Simply Sissom Community Private FB Group and let’s meal prep together! Each week I share an exclusive recipe in the group via FB Live that is REALLY simple and make-ahead friendly. Join us!
- Interested in more Whole30 meal prep ideas? Follow Simply Sissom on Instagram. I share all my meal plans and behind the scenes prep session videos on Instagram stories.
- Want to prep 5 whole-food meals for a family of 4 in just 45 minutes? Check out my new program, Savvy Mama Meal Prep: Quick and Easy. Use code SMMP50 to save 50%.
If you make this breakfast hash, make sure to leave a comment. I read every single one! You can also share a pic with me on any social media channel @simplysissom. Your comments and feedback make my day!!
FREE WHOLE30 COOKBOOK
12 Family Friendly Whole30 Compliant Recipes from Simply Sissom.