These Triple Berry Yogurt Parfaits are simple, requiring just 4-ingredients and come together in about 5 minutes. Easy, grab-n-go jars of perfection with honey, yogurt, berries and granola.
Okay. So, I stayed up REALLY late watching Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy.
(FACT.. I strongly considered taking Cooper to school an hour late so I could get some extra sleep.)
Buuuuuut, my responsible grown up side ended up winning and I dutifully passed on pressing the snooze button, dragged myself out of bed and “adulted.”
Yes. “Adulting” is a thing, and if I am being perfectly honest, this morning.. I didn’t want to. If I continue down the path of honesty, the mornings where I feel like bounding out of bed and getting everybody dressed, fed and to school on time, well.. they are few and far between.
I know, I know.. there are those of you out there who rise early, meditate, run 12 miles, blend smoothies, and maybe do a little yoga. ALL before waking up your kids and depositing them at school promptly at 7:30 with matching socks, perfectly combed hair, and bellies full from the 3 course breakfast that you prepared for them. I salute you, seriously.. and my next sentence, I say with love.
This is not the blog for you.
These Simple Yogurt Parfaits (and all the other recipes on this site for that matter) are for those of us who care deeply about our children, REALLY want to provide healthy whole-food meal options, buuuuut… we are a little short in the time and perfection department.
I got you ladies!
These Triple Berry Yogurt Parfaits literally couldn’t be any simpler (but look super fancy). Yogurt, Berries (fresh or frozen) and top it all off with a little granola (home-made or store-bought, Mama’s choice). Best part, as long as you are selective about the ingredients you include, they pack a strong nutritional punch!
Time Saving Tips and Tricks
Prep: You could definitely use store bought granola. Just be careful to check the sugar content and make sure that there are no funky ingredients! I like to make my own Maple Almond Granola. It takes 5 minutes to throw together and I am able control the amount of sugar and the quality of the ingredients. Added bonus.. it makes your kitchen smell amazing!
Make Ahead: These yogurt parfaits should be made ahead of time. They taste better that way! I usually make them the night before, but we have kept them in our refrigerator for 2-3 days and they taste fine. If you don’t like soggy granola you may want to add it just prior to eating.
Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing the actual parfaits.. they get runny and a little weird when they defrost. But… frozen berries IN the parfaits? Yes!
- 1 32 oz container of whole milk plain yogurt, organic recommended
- 1 16 oz bag of a frozen berry medley
- 1½ - 2 cups of granola
- Honey to taste, optional
- In a mason jar, layer yogurt, frozen berries, and granola. Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
- I use Ball Half Pint Regular Mouth Jars (<– affiliate link) to store my smoothies.
- Use a frozen berry mix. As the fruit thaws it creates a “syrup” that helps sweeten the plain yogurt. I like the mix because it is cheaper to buy 1 bag with different types of berries than individual bags of each.
- Yogurt can be tricky. It’s not all good for you. Look for a brand that is organic and made from whole milk. Make sure to buy plain. Yogurts that are flavored have lots of extra additives. If you don’t find the syrup from the fruit makes the yogurt sweet enough for you, add a little honey to your parfait.
- These simple yogurt parfaits are awesome for company. They are pretty… and delicious. After sitting in the fridge all night frozen fruit doesn’t look so great. If you are serving to guests I recommend using fresh and popping the granola onto the top at the last minute.
- We are a house divided around here.. 1/2 of us like our granola crunchy and the other half prefer it to be a mushy oatmeal texture. In case you’re dying to know.. I’m team crunchy! To prevent soggy granola, lay a small piece of saran wrap over the yogurt and berry layers to form a protective barrier and then add granola. Dispose of plastic before eating!!!
Looking for more healthy whole-food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers from around the web!
Recipes Like Triple Berry Yogurt Parfaits:
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!