In a nutshell, spend 90 minutes prepping on Sunday afternoon (or whatever time is convenient for you) prepping and 15-20 minutes/night cooking and you can feed your family of 4 whole-food breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Sound to good to be true.. well, maybe a little. Making this plan work requires a little repetition on the meal calendar. My theory, doubling the recipe means half the time in the kitchen.
Each week I plan 1 breakfast item (to be eaten daily), 2 lunch options (which will be alternated), and 3 whole-food family dinners (served 2x each).
I should probably note that my whole family doesn’t eat the lunches that I prepare daily. Most days Joe eats at the hospital and Campbell (my 2 year old) usually chooses to forego my culinary skills for “simpler” options.. aka cheese and chicken. If you have a family of 4, and anticipate that EVERYONE will eat the lunches you prepare daily, you should double the lunch recipes. (NOTE: the grocery list provided does not account for doubling lunch recipes. You will need to add the extra ingredients to the list).
Summary: Double the dinner recipes (they will be served 2 nights throughout the week). Double the wholegrain blueberry muffin recipe. Do not double the lunch recipes unless you plan to feed your fam these lunches daily.
- Whole-Grain Blueberry Muffins (Double this recipe)
- Spanish Chicken and Potato Skillet Bake
- Italian Sausage Hoagies
- Sweet N’ Tangy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
90 Minute Prep Guide:
- Sweet N’ Tangy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (Double this recipe) – Follow recipe instructions. Store bbq chicken in refrigerator. On the night that you serve, simply warm it in the oven and have everyone make their own sandwiches! We like to top ours with pickles and onions!
- Easy Kale and Sausage White Bean Soup- (Do NOT double this recipe) – Follow recipe directions. Store in the refrigerator and serve as needed for lunches.
- Easy Chickpea Salad – (Do NOT double this recipe) – Follow recipe instructions. I like to “prep-make” the wraps so that they are grab-n-go style. Create your wraps using whole grain tortillas. Add a bit of chopped Romaine and a large dollop of easy chickpea salad and wrap it up. Wrap each chickpea wrap with plastic to ensure that it holds it’s shape! Going to your refrigerator will be just like swinging by the deli!
- Whole-Grain Blueberry Muffins (Double this recipe) – Follow recipe directions. Allow muffins to cool and then store 1/2 in the fridge and 1/2 in the freezer. The recipe provides instructions for freezing. When the refrigerated muffins are running low, replace them with the freezer back-up muffins.
- Spanish Potato Chicken Bake (Double this recipe) – You will not cook this dish ahead of time.. just prep what you need so when the time comes.. you’re set!
- Quarter the potatoes, slice the onions, and half the tomatoes. Store in 2 separate ziplock bags (1 for each night you make the recipe).
- Make the Spanish Flour Seasoning – step 3 of the recipe instructions. Don’t forget to double the amount of each ingredient. Split the flour mixture in half. Store each half in a ziplock bag. It does not need to be refrigerated.
- Italian Sausage Hoagies: Easiest recipe ever. Little to no prep required. If you are tired from all the cooking, don’t prep this one. You can throw it together in 15 minutes the nights you cook it! Still going strong.. go ahead and chop the peppers and onions and store them in a Ziplock bags in the refrigerator. Make sure to make 2 bags so you have plenty both nights!
The Grocery List:
Just click on the image below to have the grocery list sent straight to your inbox!
Let’s Be Friends:
As always, if you try out this meal plan let me know what you think! Feedback and comments are always appreciated! Make sure to use #SimplySissom so I don’t miss it!
If you are looking for more meal prepping advice, tips, tricks and recipes follow Simply Sissom on Instagram for #mealprepmonday.
Just looking for healthy whole food recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like it, follow! New pins are added daily from my favorite bloggers and sites from around the web.
Other Posts Like This One:
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!