So the plan this week was to veer from the healthy meal plan post and give you some ideas for some Pinterest worthy Halloween recipes that are whole-food friendly. It’s coming… don’t stress. But since this blog is a reflection of what is actually going on in my kitchen I’m going to level with you…
The pumpkin recipes, fall baking, and the general day in and day out of having a food blog is getting to me. Last night Joe and I had a date night?!!!! Ok… maybe it wasn’t quite ? more of ? (neutral face)… we ended the night by picking out a Halloween costume for our 2 year old at Party City (don’t be jealous). I digress.. in the spirit of a “night on the town” I decided to trade in my yoga pants for a pair of real jeans, ya know, the kind with buttons. The result was ??.
In the past, when faced with a jean buttoning situation, I would have done a “cleanse”… aka drink juice for 3 days. Undoubtably the cleanse would have been followed by a binge.. because hello.. juice for 3 days. The binge would lead to a second cleanse, and the unhealthy cycle would continue. I am a firm believer that diets don’t work. However, there is nothing wrong with a little reset.
This week’s meal plan contains 5 whole-food dinners that are simple, healthy, and can be prepped ahead, made ahead, or on the table in 30 minutes or less. No protein shakes or bars that are full of additives and funky ingredients. Real Food. The best part, just because I am having a ? moment, it doesn’t mean that I have to cook 2 separate meals each night. Each meal contains a low-carb option as well as a carb-lover option. Everyone happy!
Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Supper: From Simply Sissom
- So the original recipe is for Hoagies… not low carb friendly. Save the hoagies for the rest of the fam and enjoy your sausage and peppers sans buns or on top of a leafy green salad with homemade salsa and a little lime juice for dressing!
- FOR THE CARB LOVER: Hoagies!
Spaghetti Squash Pad- Thai: From Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- I know… spaghetti squash instead of rice noodles, who do I think I am kidding? Trust me… give it a try. You won’t miss the noodles!
- FOR THE CARB LOVER: Tell them to stretch their limits and take one for the team!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Zoodles: From Simply Sissom
- FOR THE CARB LOVERS: Don’t mess with making a separate meal. Give em whole wheat spaghetti mixed with the pesto and topped with shrimp! If you aren’t a lover of seafood… you could easily replace with chicken.
Slow Cooker Barbacoa: From Gimme Some Oven
- Ummm… this is delicious and it’s made in a slow cooker. WIN! Enjoy it in a lettuce wrap or on top of a salad!
- FOR THE CARB LOVER: Serve it in whole wheat tortillas with your favorite taco-esque toppings.
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce: From Ambitious Kitchen
- This yummy lasagna is so tasty that you won’t even miss the noodles. Best part.. it can be made ahead!
- FOR THE CARB LOVERS: Serve it with some 100% whole wheat dinner rolls.
In addition to the 5 healthy dinners I also plan to prep 7 healthy low carb breakfasts. The plan will be to have leftovers or a salad for lunch. If you more REAL FOOD low carb recipes check out Simply Sissom’s NEW Low-Carb board on Pinterest! New recipes will be added daily.
Want to learn more about Prepping Food for the whole week? Follow Simply Sissom on Instagram. You will find recipes, and meal prep plans that I don’t share on the blog! (I also throw in some awesome kitchen hacks.. because… it’s fun!)
FREE: GRAB N" GO BREAKFAST EBOOK
10 Make-Ahead,Whole Food Breakfast Recipes to help mornings go a little smoother and maybe even get you a little bit of extra sleep!