Simple, 1-pot Sausage, Spinach, Potato Stew. Flavorful, healthy, Whole30 compliant and perfect for colder months.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground Italian chicken sausage
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt + more if desired
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper + more if desired
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, chicken sausage, Italian seasoning, salt, paprika, black pepper and red pepper. Cook stirring frequently, until the sausage is browned.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes with their juices, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are just tender 20-30 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, uncovered, until the spinach is tender, 5 minutes more. Season with additional salt and black pepper and serve.