I'm so excited about today's post! Many people have asked me what a full week of clean eating looks like and how I have the time. I have layed it all out for you!
Without a doubt, clean eating is a LOT of work. There is a reason that "convenience foods" and drive through restaurants are so popular. They are easy. I have found that the weeks that I am most successful with preparing healthy and nutritious meals for my family are the weeks that I am prepared. AKA... planned meals, went to the grocery store, and prepped ahead of time.
I use a program called PLAN TO EAT when creating our weekly meal plans. It's awesome because it allows me to organize my recipes (import my favorite recipes from all over the web with a click of a button), utilize an online calendar to create meal plans, and best of all, creates an automated grocery list! They offer a free 30 day, no obligation trial. Click on the link above to check it out!
Each week I select 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, and 5 dinner recipes. I choose 1 of the dinner recipes to double, freeze, and use later. We do a night each week where pull one of the meals that I have previously frozen and serve it up. No cooking! I have also found that by the end of the week we almost always have enough leftovers for an additional night off in the kitchen. Yep... I only cook 5 nights! The night that I serve leftovers or a freezer meal varies based on our schedule.
Note: All recipes are linked in the chart below, from there, you can print the recipes if desired. I recommend printing the recipes and stapling them into a nice little packet with the meal plan... it's the teacher in me:) The whole table may not be visible on your screen. You can scroll left to right!
[table id=2 /]
Everyone has to do what works best for their family and their schedule. Here's how I would make this specific meal plan work.
Friday: Grocery Shop
Saturday: Meal Prep
TO DO LIST:
- Make Clean Eating Breakfast Sausage for Italian Egg Cups
- Prepare chicken breasts for Thai Chopped Chicken Salads. I cook mine on a grill pan after drizzling lightly with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Prepare chicken for Creamy Pesto Chicken Wraps. Read more on the post about how I prepare my shredded chicken.
Sunday: Prepare Meals. I prep and make ahead everything possible! I usually spend 2-3 hours on this step. It seems like a lot, but I am so grateful to get it taken care of before the week gets going.
TO DO LIST:
- Make Italian Egg Cups - Freeze according to post directions.
- Make Cherry Apricot Granola Bars - slice, wrap and store in fridge.
- Make Thai Chopped Chicken Salad - I store them in mason jars in the fridge. Read post for more info.
- Make Creamy Pesto Chicken Wraps - Double creamy pesto recipe and save half for chicken pesto pizza!Assemble, wrap in cellophane and store or just create the filling and assemble as needed.
- Make Sloppy Joes. - Store in a Ziplock bag in the refrigerator. Dinner for tomorrow night... done!
- Prep Asian Turkey Burgers - Assemble patties, but don't cook. Store in airtight ziplock bag in the fridge.
- Prep Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders - follow prep directions. Read post for more info.
- Heat prepared sloppy joe in a skillet over medium heat.
- Make Roasted Green Beans.
- Wash and cut up strawberries.
- Cook Asian Turkey Burgers.
- Make Broccoli with Parmesan from Gracious Pantry.
- Wash and cut up some peaches.
- Make Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders - should be easy... you already prepped everything!
- Make Sautéed Zucchini with Parmesan (gotta use up that container!).
Heat ½- 1 TBS of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 chopped zucchinis. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender. Sprinkle ¼ cup of parmesan over cooked zucchini. Turn off heat and cover skillet with a lid until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Cut up a pineapple.
Thursday: Freezer Night! This is my favorite night of the week. Select something from your freezer that you have previously made. NO COOKING!
- Prepare chicken for Chicken Pesto Pizza. I cook mine on a grill pan after drizzling lightly with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Make Chicken Pesto Pizza. Use leftover pesto from creamy pesto chicken wraps. No sides needed!
Saturday: Leftovers! No cooking dinner for you!
- Prep Foil Packet Fajitas - follow prep directions. Read post for more info.
- Make Foil Packet Fajitas
- Serve with any leftover fruits or veggies from throughout the week.
- Don't forget to double the sloppy joe recipe and save half for a meal in the future. Your grocery list includes enough ingredients for this!
- Don't forget to double the creamy pesto sauce when you make the chicken wraps. Your grocery list includes the ingredients for this too!
- This meal plan feeds a family of 4. If you have BIG eaters, you may want to look over each recipe and decide whether it is necessary to double. You will need to add the extra ingredients to the grocery list.
- The grocery list has items highlighted in blue if it is recommended that you should buy organic.
Try this meal plan! You will love it. And if you do, share your pictures on Simply Sissom's new Instagram account, #simplysissom. I can't wait to see how this clean eating meal plan works out for you!