I was asked to participate in Hodgson Mills #BetterBowl18 campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time.
Delicious, 8-Ingredient Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls topped with cinnamon coated baked apples and a crunchy granola topping! A hearty, healthy, naturally sweetened breakfast.
Pin Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls for later!
Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls!!!!!
... with caramelized apples and crunchy chunky granola because, well... we are creating apple pie in breakfast form around here!
There are a bunch of things that I LOVE about these bowls, but at the top of the list is the amount of fiber this guy packs (HELLO oat bran). Fiber helps you feel full longer - making it easier to stick to your best intentions, and keeping your tummy from rumbling before lunch time rolls around (<-- please say I'm not the only one dealing with this issue).
Coming in a close second.. oat bran is done cooking in just a minute or two. You can also make up a big batch all at once and then reheat throughout the week for a quick start to your day (or a quick snack or meal anytime).
Sooooo, to recap... you'll stay full + it cooks fast. Is there really anything else you need to know?
Another giant positive that this recipe has going on? It doesn't contain refined sugar. Don't get me wrong- it can be as sweet as you want it to be, and with those already sweet apple slices simmering in coconut oil and real maple syrup cinnamon glaze, you aren't going to be wanting for anything!
A couple quick tips...
I like to slice the apples really thinly so that they cook quickly and full disclosure.. I don't bother to peel them. These apples are caramelized in a way that's out of this world.
As I’ve mentioned on the blog previously, Hodgson Mill products are my absolute go-to . You can find the Old Fashioned Oat Bran I used ---> HERE or on Amazon.
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: The cinnamon apples can be prepared up to 3 days in advance. Just prepare according to recipe directions and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I recommend warming them in the microwave or oven prior to assembling your bowls.
Make Ahead: You bet! Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls can be assembled (I usually don't add the granola until right before eating.. it can get a little soggy) and stored in the refrigerator for a quick grab-n' go breakfast.
Freezer: Sorry guys.. not this time.Print
Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 bowls 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oat Bran Cereal
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbs honey, divided
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- splash of vanilla
- granola or granola bar of choice for extra topping (optional)
- Cook the oat bran according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. one it gets bubbly, add the apples and simmer for a few minutes, stirring frequently until soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1 Tbs. of honey into the prepared oat bran and divide it between 4 bowls. Add ¼ of the cooked apples to each bowl. Top with favorite granola or chopped granola bar. Serve immediately.
- For this recipe I used Hodgson Mill Old Fashioned Oat Bran Hot Cereal.
- I like sweet red apple varieties (I used Honeycrisp) for this recipe, but any type of apple will work.
- My Crunchy Chunky Granola is simple to make and a perfect addition to this recipe!
- Prep-Ahead recipes are my all time favorite! Join the BRAND NEW Simply Sissom Community Private FB Group and let’s meal prep together! Each week I share an exclusive recipe in the group via FB Live that is REALLY simple and make-ahead friendly. Join us!
- Interested in more Whole30 meal prep ideas? Follow Simply Sissom on Instagram. I share all my meal plans and behind the scenes prep session videos on Instagram stories.
- Want to prep 5 whole-food meals for a family of 4 in just 45 minutes? Check out my new program, Savvy Mama Meal Prep: Quick and Easy. Use code SMMP50 to save 50%.
Posts Like Apple Pie Oat Bran Bowls:
Cherry + Vanilla Baked Oatmeal Cups:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Buckwheat Bars:
Leave a Reply