Baked Eggs In Avocado are simple to make, requiring just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to assemble. A Fast and Nutritious Low-Carb Breakfast.
- 1 Avocado, pitted and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 slice of prepared bacon cut into fourths (I like to undercook it a bit since it will continue baking in oven)
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (you can sub salt and pepper)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. OPTIONAL: Line muffin tin cups with foil to help reduce clean up.
- Use a small spoon to remove about 1 1/2 TBS of avocado from each half. Create a whole that is more wide than deep. This will help the egg cook evenly.
- Balance the hollowed out avocado over a muffin tin cup that's been lined with foil. This will help prevent it from tipping over in the oven.
- Place bacon into the each avocado's well.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Use spoon to place the yolk into the well you created in the avocado. Spoon in additional egg white until the hole is filled, but not over-flowing.
- Bake the avocado for 15-20 minutes, or until egg yolk reaches your desired consistency. Remember, the top of the egg yolk will appear deceptively hard, don't stress. Top with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning and serve immediately.
- Don't throw away the extra avocado you scoop.. make guacamole or serve it on the side of the Baked Eggs In Avocado.
- Larger avocados work best for this recipe.