FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD:
- 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
FOR THE SAUCE: (Skip if Using Store-Bought Buffalo Sauce)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 TBS white vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 -1 tsp arrow root powder or corn starch
FOR THE SLIDER BUNS:
- 24 mini whole wheat slider buns
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Set oven to broil. Slice each slider bun in half (if not pre-sliced). Gently brush a bit of olive oil onto the top of each half. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Broil in oven for 1-2 minutes or until bread is golden and toasted. Watch closely, they will burn quickly. Set toasted buns aside.
- Place shredded chicken, celery, and tomatoes into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- SKIP THIS STEP IF USING STORE-BOUGHT BUFFALO SAUCE: In a medium sauce pan over medium low heat, combine butter, hot sauce, vinegar, soy, lemon juice, garlic powder and celery salt. Stir continuously until butter is completely melted. Add arrowroot powder/corn starch (to thicken). Start with 1/2 tsp and add more until desired constancy is reached. It will not thicken immediately. When sauce thickens, remove sauce from heat.
- Combine sauce with chicken, celery and tomatoes. Stir until chicken is completely coated with sauce.
- Place desired amount of chicken salad on the bottom slice of each toasted slider bun, add extra sauce if desired and then place the top onto the sandwich.
- Brushing a little bit of olive oil onto the tops and bottoms of the slider rolls and broiling them in the oven for 1-2 minutes until they toast up is a nice addition. That said.. if you don't have time for that, no worries, it will still be delicious.
- I used an organic rotisserie chicken, but if your grocery store is anything like mine... you can't count on one being available when you need it. If you don't have a rotisseie chicken or just don't want to go to the store, you can use chicken breast. Just heat the oven to 350 degrees, season chicken with salt/pepper and garlic powder, and then bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Use 2 forks to shred the cooked chicken.
- My favorite store bought Buffalo Sauce is Steve's PaleoGoods, PaleoChef Buffalo Wing Sauce.