These Chicken Basil Meatballs are fun, easy to make, quick to cook and extremely versatile - plus, they are freezer and Whole30 friendly!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, minced (I purchase shredded and then chop them)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 425. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once oil is heated, add garlic and onions, Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- To same mixing bowl, add carrots, basil, ground chicken, almond butter, salt and pepper. Use hands to mix, don't overdo it.
- Shape the mixture into 1" meatballs. Place meatballs on the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan half way through the baking time, until the meatballs are browned. Let cool.