Chipotle Chicken Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are the perfect solution for feeding a crowd (or your family). Made "big batch" style in the oven instead of individually on the stove, this recipe hack is a game changer.
- olive oil spray
- 3 cups chicken, shredded (I like to buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 2 1/2 cups cheese, shredded (I use a combo of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 cup of corn cut from the cobb
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 16 whole grain taco sized tortillas (if using 1/2 sized baking sheets) OR 12 whole grain burrito sized tortillas (if using a full size baking sheet)
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES: sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cilantro
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, shredded cheese, chipotle pepper, corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Mix until fully incorporated, set aside.
- Arrange the tortillas around the perimeter of the rimmed baking sheet. Half of the tortilla should be on the baking sheet, and the other half should hang off. Place 1 tortilla in the center of the baking sheet to cover the remaining area. (SEE VIDEO ON POST FOR CLARIFICATION IF CONFUSED)
- Pour 1/2 of the topping onto each of (2) 1/2 sized baking sheets OR all of the topping onto the baking sheet if using the full sized option. Place 1 tortilla in the center of the filling/baking dish to ensure that the top of the quesadillas are completely enclosed.
- Carefully fold the tortillas around the perimeter towards the center of the baking sheet. Place an additional sheet pan on top of the quesadillas before baking so that they hold their shape.
- Bake at 425 F for 25-30 minutes or until the tortillas are firm and golden and the inside of the quesadillas are hot. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving with desired garnishes.
- Click Here for a step-by-step video demonstrating how to properly fold the quesadillas.
- This recipe can be made using (2) 1/2 sized rimmed sheet pans OR (1) full size rimmed sheet pan. Make sure to buy the proper tortillas depending on which option you choose - details in the ingredients list.
Keywords: Quesadilla, Sheet Pan