Herbed Roast Chicken is simple to make, requiring 8 ingredients and 10 minutes prep. Tender, delicious and perfect for meal prepping.
- 1 whole chicken, 6-7 lbs.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 TBS fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS olive oil
- Heat oven to 325. Place the chicken on a roasting rack, skin side up.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, dried mustard, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add 2-3 TBS of olive oil (the texture should be pasty).
- Roast the chicken until the internal temperature is 165 degrees (about 2 hours). Allow chicken to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.