Italian Sausage Sandwich
Recipe Type: Italian
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 4 Italian Turkey Sausages
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Onions
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 100% whole wheat sandwich rolls
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice Pepper and Onions. Place on baking sheet.
- Drizze peppers and onions with olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place sausages on baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until sausage is golden brown and veggies are tender.
- Slice sausage into ½ inch thick pieces. Arrange sausage, peppers, and onions onto whole wheat bun. Sprinkle each sandwich with ¼ cup of cheese. If the heat of the sausage and veggies is not enough to melt the cheese completely you can place sandwiches under the broiler until cheese is bubbly.