Quick Korean Beef Bowls - A simple, easy weeknight dinner option that's bursting with flavor and that comes together in 15 minutes.
1 lb. ground beef
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups frozen carrots and peas (if you use fresh, dice them small and add them with the meat and garlic)
1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can sub brown sugar)
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups prepared brown rice
sliced green onions and sesame seeds for serving
- In a large skillet, add the beef and garlic. Brown over medium heat while using a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Once meat is broken up, add the frozen carrots and peas.
- While meat is browning and veggies are cooking, combine coconut sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to Combine.
- Once meat is no longer pink and the veggies are tender, pour the sauce over the mixture. Allow it simmer for 1-2 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over prepared brown rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Using pre-chopped garlic or the chunky garlic that can be purchased in tubes eliminates all chopping from this recipe.
- If you don't have frozen carrots/peas or if it will prevent your kids from eating, skip it!
- This recipe makes 4 servings, but they are small (2 adults, 2 small children). If you are feeding a hunger crowd, double the recipe.