Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Wal-Mart to pick up McCormick Good Morning Breakfast for your family!
Quick, simple hearty breakfast at it's finest. Ease into your morning routine with Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole.
It's SLOW COOKER DAY!!! And I'm seriously excited for you. Today.. Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole and you guys, it's tasty (and it will definitely feed a crowd).
Soooo, let's dust off the slow cookers and get them to magically make us something delicious (and easy, always easy) for breakfast.
Why Slow Cooker? Because, well.. slow cookers are the family way of putting easy and convenient meals together. The Good Morning Slow Cooker seasoning packets from McCormick add fresh and rich flavor to any egg casserole or French toast.
Basically, we're all just trying to keep up with our responsibilities + New Year ambitions + all the the things annnnnd ... maybe we got a little behind this week, and bottom line, we are just trying to get our busy mornings together and keep them mostly peaceful. Amiright?? Ahhhh, life.
So let's just have a quick word about this Slow cooker Mexican Egg Casserole recipe. This recipe throws together in 5 minutes (as long as you pre-cook the sausage) and like almost all the recipes I share on Simply Sissom, it's made for real life, because, well... what I share is literally my real life.
We start with a solid base of hash browns (from the freezer section).
Then we're getting fancy and adding eggs, milk, sausage, cheese and Good Morning Slow Cooker Breakfast Mexican Egg Casserole Seasoning (aka... you don't need 5,000 separate spices and 18 measuring spoons to get this recipe going).
I ended it with a sprinkle of white cheddar cheese, because my family + cheese = match.
That's it. It's the slow cooker's turn to tap in. 5-10 minutes prep up front, and in return you'll be gifted with 8 servings of this hearty breakfast + cozy wonderful breakfast. WIN.
Time Saving Tips and Tricks:
Prep: To get a jump start on this already super simple recipe you can prep your "add-ins." Aka.. pre-chop veggies, drain beans and cook breakfast sausage.
Make Ahead: This recipe can be made the night before you plan to serve it. Follow directions as written, but don't start the slow cooker. Instead.. place the lid on the bowl of your slow cooker and place the whole thing into the refrigerator. Pull it out to come to room temperature about 20 minutes before you plan to start your slow cooker so it can come to room temperature. From there, just follow recipe directions.
Freezer: You can... buuuuut, this one tastes so much better fresh!
- 1 package McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast Mexican Egg Casserole Seasoning Mix
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese + more for sprinkling
- 2 cups refrigerated or frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups cooked breakfast sausage
- salsa, avocado and sour cream, for serving
- Mix eggs, milk, sausage and seasoning mix in large bowl until well blended. Stir in cheese. Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Spread hash browns evenly on the bottom.
- Pour egg mixture into slow cooker. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Cover.
- Cook 2 ½ hours on HIGH or 4 to 4 ½ hours on low or until eggs are set.
- Make sure to check the ingredients on your frozen hash browns. They should all be recognizable.
- I always recommend skipping on the pre-shredded cheese. Grating your own isn't hard, and this way it doesn't contain funky anti-clumping ingredients.
- If you want to up the veggie factor.. add some in! Swap out some of the sausage for equal part veggie mix-ins!
McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mixes:
Ease into the morning routine with a breakfast that cooks in the slow cooker. Featuring simple recipes on the package – for everything from egg casseroles to French toast – these seasoning mixes make for warm, hearty breakfast or brunch the whole family can enjoy together. And, they’re gluten free with no artificial colors or MSG.
Today's recipe featured their Mexican Egg Casserole from their Slow Cooker Breakfast line, but there are options.. think breakfast toppers, smoothie boosters, breakfast seasoning and even more slow cooker breakfast options (Ultimate Egg Casserole is another of our favs). You can check out the whole line here and purchase at War-Mart. Find a Wal-Mart location near you.
- Prep-Ahead recipes are my all time favorite! Join the BRAND NEW Simply Sissom Community Private FB Group and let’s meal prep together! Each week I share an exclusive recipe in the group via FB Live that is REALLY simple and make-ahead friendly. Join us!
- Want to prep 5 whole-food meals for a family of 4 in just 45 minutes? Check out my new program, Savvy Mama Meal Prep: Quick and Easy. Use code SMMP50 to save 50%.
- You can also find Simply Sissom on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. Check it out and if you like what you see.. follow!
Recipes Like Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.