Simple Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing is loaded with fiber, protein and big on flavor. A healthy vegan and gluten-free lunch or dinner option that won't disappoint.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced
- 1 cup prepared corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of grape seed oil (you can sub olive oil)
- 3 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tsp of honey (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, for serving
- QUINOA: Add quinoa and vegetable broth to a medium pot. Bring to a boil (medium-high heat) and then reduce to a simmer and allow quinoa to cook until water has completely absorbed (15-20 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in taco seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- RED PEPPER DRESSING: To the bowl of a food processor or blender, add red peppers, oil, vinegar, garlic cloves, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and honey. Pulse/blend on high until dressing is smooth.
- ASSSEMBLY: In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, red pepper, cucumber, corn, black beans, green onions, and roasted red pepper dressing. Stir to combine. Top with cilantro. Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving.