Flavorful, filling, 30-minute Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette and garden fresh veggies. #vegan #glutenfree #wholefood
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp, salt
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared according to package directions
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 425. Roast tomatoes for 15 minutes or until tender and blistered. Remove tomatoes from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mist grill pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Grill corn until tender crisp (about 3 minutes/side). Remove corn from heat. Once corn has cooled, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cob. Set aside.
- To the bowl of a food processor or blender, add lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of roasted tomatoes. Pulse or blend until fully combined. Vinaigrette should be smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, remaining roasted tomatoes, beans, red pepper, green onions, cilantro and the roasted tomato vinaigrette. Mix gently.
- Allow quinoa salad to chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.