Summer is officially here, and it is HOT! So naturally, popsicles for every occasion! End of school, playdates, vacations, weekends with friends... you get the point. There is no shortage of opportunities to enjoy an icy treat!
I don't want to be a party pooper, but all that celebrating adds up to be a lot of sugar, artificial flavors, and dyes. Don't be fooled by labels that make claims like "sugar free," or "made from real fruit." They don't mean much. "Sugar free" doesn't mean sweetened with fruit, it is industry code for artificial sweetener. "Real fruit" popsicles are made with fruit, but it is so highly processed that flavor and color have to be added back to make the popsicles taste and look appealing. Need proof, check out the ingredient list. Crazy stuff!
Kids are going to eat store bought popsicles, mine included. That's why I like to have homemade popsicles on hand to eat at home, it means that occasional treats are truly occasional.
These sweet strawberry popsicles are refreshing, delicious, and sweetened naturally with honey. Best part, it takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip them up!
Sweet Strawberry Popsicles
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 popsicles 1x
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until popsicles are frozen through.
- No molds, not a problem, use paper cups!
- Use full fat coconut milk, it is less processed, and gives the popsicles to have a creamy texture.
- Honey should be raw, and local if possible!
- Strawberries are high on the "dirty dozen" list. Buy organic if possible.
Leave a Reply