Tangy, savory Whole30 Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce is simple to make, and naturally sweetened. Perfect for adding to pulled chicken, pizza, burgers and everything else in between!
- 1 TBS ghee
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup chicken stock/broth
- 6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (**spicy)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ghee and onions. Cook until onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, coconut aminos, chicken broth/stock, dates, peaches and chipotle pepper(s). Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer. Allow mixture to cook down for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is just slightly thinner than traditional BBQ sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add mixture to blender and blend until texture is smooth. You could also use an immersion blender, but I find this to be messy. If sauce is too thick, add water or additional broth/stock. If too thin, return to stove and simmer until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight jar.
- If you are using dates that aren't fresh.. soak them in warm water for a few minutes to soften them up.
- I used my Slow Cooker Chicken Bone Broth for this recipe.