Learn how to turn your favorite chocolate cupcakes into adorable Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes. Start with pre-made chocolate cupcakes, smother each in chocolate buttercream and then follow the directions to complete this fun Thanksgiving activity.
- 12 pre-made chocolate cupcakes
- 1 container of store-bought chocolate icing **
- 3/4 cup chocolate sprinkles - we recommend jimmies (long rod like sprinkles)
- 1 bag candy corn
- 12 red M & M's
- 24 small Wilton candy eyes
- Frost cupcakes. Using a butter knife or off-set spatula, spread a thick layer of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Dip cupcakes in chocolate sprinkles. Fill a small bowl (just big enough for cupcake to fit into) with chocolate sprinkles. Gently, dip each frosted cupcake into the bowl. The entire top of the cupcake should be sprinkle covered.
- Make turkey feathers. Gently press the tips of candy corns into the back of the chocolate cupcake to create the turkey's tail feathers.
- Make the turkey face. Add candy eyes to the center of each chocolate cupcake. Press a piece of candy corn tip side down, just below the turkey's eyes to create a beak.
- Add the turkey's wattle.Carefully cut a red M&M in half. Gently position the cut side of the candy against the turkey's candy corn beak.
- Don't want to spend the time making homemade or boxed cupcakes? Purchase pre-made cupcakes from your local grocery store. Scrape off most of the chocolate icing follow the instructions to decorate your turkey cupcake.
- Nutrition information is based on cupcakes baked box mix.
** your favorite homemade chocolate buttercream icing can be subbed for store-bought chocolate icing.
Keywords: Thanksgiving, Turkey, Cupcakes