Crunchy Chunky Granola is the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until they are broken up, but not the texture of flour. Add the oats and salt and pulse 10-15 times.
- Transfer the oat mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the coconut. Add maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until combined. Add the coconut oil. Stir.
- Pour the granola onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press into a thin layer making sure that there are no holes where the parchment paper shows. It will look like a sheet of granola bars. This is what makes it chunky.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes are up, break up the granola with your hands into whatever size chunks you desire. If the bottom of the granola is still moist, flip the pieces and allow it to cool additional time. Store it in an airtight container for two to three weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 6.9
- Sodium: 62.2
- Fat: 18.1
- Carbohydrates: 15.9
- Protein: 2.7