Easy Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bites. Such a fun (although decadent) festive idea for Fall brunching. Granola Bar Base + Pumpkin Pie Topping piled into muffin form.. what's not to love!!!
For the Granola Crust:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar can be subbed)
- 9 Tbs. melted butter
For the Pumpkin Topping:
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar can be subbed)
- 2 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (15oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Add rolled oats, walnuts, salt, coconut sugar and melted butter to the bowl of a food processor. Process on high until ingredients are the texture of fine sand. Press a heaping Tbs. of the mixture firmly into each of the lined muffin cups. Bake for 12 minutes or until the granola crust is golden around the edges. Remove from oven.
- While the granola base is cooking, make the pumpkin pie topping by combining all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Divide the mixture between all muffin cups evenly. The pumpkin pie bites will not rise much, so you can fill the cup almost completely. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin topping is set. Allow to cool before enjoying. Store baked breakfast bites in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to purchase pure pumpkin puree not the pumpkin pie filling.
Keywords: pumpkin, granola, muffin