- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 2.5 Tbs coconut aminos (sub soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 16 oz.package coleslaw mix
- 3 carrots, sliced (skip if following a low-carb diet)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- prepared cauliflower rice or brown rice for serving
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the Chinese five-spice, coconut aminos and ground pork to the skillet. Use a wooden spoon to break apart the pork and ensure that the spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat. Continue stirring frequently until the pork is no longer pink.
- Add the coleslaw mix and sliced carrots. Toss until the veggies are tender.
- Serve over your choice of rice and top with green onions for garnish.
- I got the idea for Chinese 5-spice from Lindsay at Pinch of Yum. It can be found at most grocery stores and takes these egg roll bowls to the next level!
- You can sub out the garlic and the ginger for paste versions. No chopping, no prepping. These can usually be found in the fresh herb section of most grocery stores.