Extra Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are simple to make, requiring just 5 ingredients and 30 minutes. A crispy, delicious, low-cal, low-fat twist on a traditional favorite.
For The Wings:
- 10 whole chicken wings, cut into flats and drumettes (20 pieces total)
- cooking spray (I use avocado or olive oil)
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 Tbs honey
Directions for Wings:
- Lightly season drumettes and wings with salt and pepper.
- Coat the air fryer base (and rack if using) with cooking spray. Arrange the wings into the air fryer in a single layer (you may have to cook multiple batches). Cook for 23-26 minutes at 350 degrees. Once air fryer beeps, raise the temperature to 390 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until wings are crispy. NOTE.. check on wings frequently as cooking time may vary based on wing size and air fryer model.
- Remove wings from air fryer and dump them into a large mixing bowl. Add desired amount of buffalo sauce (you may not use it all). Toss to coat and serve immediately with fresh veggies, ranch/blue cheese and any extra buffalo sauce.
Directions for Sauce:
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Stir continuously until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Add hot sauce and honey. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wings come in three parts, the tip, the wing and the drumette. I was able to purchase the already trimmed version that has these parts separate and the tip discarded, I’d recommend this!
- I use a Philips HD9220 Black Air Fryer and don't have any complaints!
- One of the drawbacks of an air fryer is that you can't make large quantities of food all at once. I purchased THIS rack that allows me to cook twice as much at once. NOTE: make sure that the rack you purchase fits your particular air fryer model.
Keywords: chicken wings, hot wings, air fryer