Freezer-Friendly Chicken Chipotle Burritos are simple to make, requiring just 30 minutes and basic ingredients. The perfect grab-n-go dinner to have hanging around for nights when life gets busy!
- 1 Tbs olive oil (add more if meat sticks to pan)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 TBS taco seasoning (I make my own and use THIS RECIPE)
- 4 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce), minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil (more if veggies stick to pan)
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- chicken broth (enough to barely cover veggies - about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals
- 1 14 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese (use pepper jack for a spicier burrito)
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 16 ten inch tortillas (burrito size)
- avocado, salsa, sour cream, cilantro... whatever you like!
- Meat Filling: In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add onion, ground chicken, taco seasoning and chipotle peppers. use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until the chicken is fully browned, stirring often. Transfer cooked meat filling to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Veggie Filling: To the same pot, add 1 Tbs olive oil. Once heated add onion, taco seasoning and sweet potatoes. Pour chicken broth over the top of the veggies, they should be barely covered. Allow veggie filling to simmer until potatoes are fork tender and the liquid has thickened, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in the frozen corn kernels, black beans, cheese and Greek Yogurt. Mix with spoon until combined. Add the meat mixture back into the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Assembly: To each tortilla, add about 1/2 cup of filling, fold up the burrito and wrap it with foil or plastic wrap or serve immediately!
- Extra burritos can be stored in the fridge or freezer. See Time Saving Tips and Tricks for reheating information.
- Pre-shredded cheese has lots of funky ingredients, grating your own is always best when possible.