Freezer-Friendly Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are simple to make, requiring just 7 ingredients and 20 minutes hands on prep. Serve them vegan style OR add a little ground turkey. Chef's choice!
- 2 cups quinoa, prepared (I use frozen)
- 6 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream/salsa
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, salsa, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, black beans, refried beans and corn. Stir to combine.
- Place a large scoop of the quinoa mixture into each of the hollowed out peppers.
If Baking Immediately:
- Heat oven to 350 and arrange the stuffed peppers onto a baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed. Cover peppers with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until pepper is tender and the filling is warmed through. OPTIONAL: once peppers are cooked, add a sprinkle of cheese and Panko crumbs. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and Panko is golden. Serve immediately.
- Arrange the uncooked stuffed bell peppers into a single layer on a baking sheet and stick them in the freezer for 3-4 hours or until frozen through. Once frozen, remove the peppers from the freezer and store in an airtight, labeled freezer bag. The peppers will keep up to 3 months. To serve, place the frozen stuffed peppers onto a baking sheet and cover with foil. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until the peppers are tender and the filling is warmed through.
Keywords: Stuffed Peppers, Freezer Friendly, Quinoa