Simple Corn Salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil is simple to make, requiring just 1 bowl and 6 ingredients. Tender corn, juicy tomatoes and red onion dressed in a tangy homemade vinaigrette create Summer side dish perfection.
- 4 cobs of corn, shucked
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (start with less, you can always add more)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook corn, on the cob, for 3-5 minutes or until crispy/tender. Do not overcook. Remove corn from boiling water and immediately submerge in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Allow corn to cool and then remove kernels with a knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, onion, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and then refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Mix in basil just prior to serving.
Keywords: corn salad, fresh corn salad, quick corn salad, easy corn salad