Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars are a fun twist on traditional pumpkin pie. Crunchy oat n' almond crust topped with classic pumpkin filling.
For the granola crust:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 4 1/2 TBS butter, melted
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 3/4 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 375 and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add oats, almonds, salt, 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar and butter. Pulse until the texture is the consistency of sand (you don't want chunks). Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and press down into an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes.
- While crust is baking, add coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, milk, egg whites, egg and pumpkin to a large mixing bowl. Whisk or beat until fully incorporated.
- Spread filling onto crust and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are browned and pulling away from the pan.
- Allow bars to cool before slicing into desired shape and size.
- If you would like to sub almond flour or meal for whole almonds you can do so by using 1 1/4 cup of either. Pulse the oats first (without the almond meal/flour) and then add it to the processor and follow recipe directions.
- Make sure to purchase 100% pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling.