Homemade Whole Food Sprinkles are simple to make, requiring just 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes prep time. Skip the junky additives and chemicals and go all natural, nobody will even notice. Promise.
- 1/4 cup Natural Unrefined Turbinado Cane Sugar
- Natural Food Coloring in assorted colors
- ziplock bags
- Heat oven to 225.
- In a ziplock bag, combine turbinado sugar and the amount of food color drops to get your desired color. Seal bag. Roll around in hands until cover coats all sugar evenly.
- Bake colored sugar until it is dry and no longer clumpy. You may wan to pul it out and stir a few times. The cooking time will vary depending on how much food coloring was added. On average, mine cooked 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook, keep your eye on it!
- Repeat for all desired colors.