7-Ingredient Gluten-Free Kentucky Derby Pie Cookies are a new twist on an old Southern Classic. Tender, simple and delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS bourbon
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350. Microwave butter for about 30 seconds to soften (do not liquify).
- Using a stand mixer or electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add vanilla, bourbon and egg. Beat on low for about 15 seconds.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use hands to press dough into a ball. Add the chocolate chips and pecans. Use hands to incorporate.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are puffy and starting to turn golden.
- Cool on baking rack for 10-15 minutes before serving.