Left over mashed potatoes? Make these crispy, creamy, cheesy leftover mashed potato puffs for a quick grab n' go breakfast option.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 TBS chives, minced
- 1/2 cup sausage crumbles (I used Applegate chicken sausage)
- salt and pepper - Depending on how the mashed potatoes are seasoned salt and pepper may not be necessary.
1. Heat oven to 400. Spray the cups of a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray or coat with olive oil.
2. Mix together, mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese, chives, sausage, salt and pepper. The amount of salt/pepper used will vary depending on flavor of the mashed potatoes being used.
3. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potato puffs are set and golden. Let cool and then remove from pan using a knife to loosen edges that are stuck. Serve immediately.
Watch the full recipe below.