Left over mashed potatoes? Make these crispy, creamy, cheesy leftover mashed potato puffs for a quick grab n' go breakfast option.
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cooked breakfast sausage (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBS chives, minced
- OPTIONAL: salt and pepper - only needed if leftover mashed potatoes are under seasoned
- Heat oven to 400 F. Spray the cups of a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray or coat with olive oil. Test leftover mashed potatoes to ensure that you are pleased with the seasoning. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- In a large bowl, Mix together, mashed potatoes, sausage, cheese, eggs and chives. Make sure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Use a mini scoop to add a plop of potatoes to each cup of the mini muffin pan. The puffs will not rise a large amount, so muffin tin cups can be fully filled.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. See post for directions for freezing.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. To reheat, pop into the microwave or an oven heated to 350 F. until warmed through.