This Thick and Chunky Vegetable Soup is the perfect healthy lunch on a chilly Fall day. Fresh veggies, an assortment of spices, garlic, and chicken broth come together to create a soup that is nutrient dense and satisfyingly filling.
- 1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 bell pepper (any color is fine)
- 2 cups of sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped into half moons
- 1 28 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 TBS of my vegetable soup spice blend (recipe below in notes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed (skip if doing Whole-30)
- 4 cups of chicken broth (Vegan- use vegetable broth)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, zucchini, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and vegetable soup spice blend. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf.
- Allow soup to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach and beans. When the spinach is wilted, season with salt and pepper and remove bay leaf. Serve immediately.
Soup Spice Blend:
Recipe makes enough spice to make this soup recipe about 6 times. DO NOT pour the whole spice blend into the soup! Just add 1 TBS and store the rest.
- 2 TBS of smoked paprika
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1 TBS dried basil
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
Keywords: Vegetable Soup