A step-by-step guide on How to Make a Lettuce Wrap Sandwich that won't fall apart. Perfect for low-carb, keto or Whole30 diets.
- 4-6 green lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of deli meat (I use Applegate Organic Turkey)
- 1 slice white cheddar cheese
- 3 slices of tomato
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 1 pickle
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- Arrange lettuce wraps on top of a large square of parchment paper. Once arranged, the lettuce should measure about 9" x 10". If your lettuce is small, it is ok to layer tiny pieces on top of one another.
- Layer toppings in any order into the center of the lettuce wrap. I like to put the turkey down first so that the other toppings have a solid base to rest on.
- Using the parchment paper as your guide, tightly roll the lettuce up. Start with the end that is closest to you.
- Once you have begun to roll the lettuce, tuck the ends of the parchment paper towards the center (just like when rolling a burrito).
- Continue to roll the lettuce wrap. Keep everything as tight as possible.
- When the lettuce is completely rolled, wrap the remaining parchment paper around the "unwich" tightly.
- Use a serrated knife to slice through the center at an angle. Do not cut all the way through the second layer. This will help it hold together while in fridge and in transit.