Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars are simple, requiring just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes to make. #glutenfree #dairyfree #vegan
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free blend if desired)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS milk (goat, almond, cow.. it all works)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (sub sweet dried fruit if vegan or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line an 9x11" or 8"x8" inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl combine oats, peanut butter powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix.
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer, combine peanut butter, honey, milk, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour dry ingredient mix into the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined. The batter will be very sticky. Add chocolate chunks. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. I wet my hands and them use them to firmly press the mixture into place. Use a rubber spatula to ensure that it is distributed evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut bars into desired serving size. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- I used no-stir peanut butter for this recipe. Using natural (with the oil on the top) will change the recipe ratios/texture and I have not tested the results.
- 3g of protein isn't a TON. The original recipe contained protein powder, but I don't like giving that to my kids. If you'd like to up the protein factor, swap out the 1/4 cup of peanut butter powder for a scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder. You will also want to reduce the amount of oats you use by about 1/8 - 1/4 cup.