Thick n' fluffy, perfectly sweet Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins are flavorful and naturally sweetened. The perfect grab n' go breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Combine milk and oats. Set aside for 20 minutes so the oaks soak up the milk.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir to incorporate. Add oatmeal/milk mixture and strawberries. Fold everything together until combined.
- Spoon batter into liners (I like to use an ice-cream scoop). Fill muffin cups to the top. Top with oats and a little bit of coconut sugar.
- Bake muffins for 5 infuse at 425, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the temperature to 350. Bake for 15-18 additional minutes. Remove from oven.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Don't skimp on soaking the oats for 20 minutes.. it's necessary!
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g