Simple, 30- Minute Herb Roasted Smashed Potatoes is the perfect weeknight side dish. Loaded with flavor, garlic and seasonings!
- 1 pound 1"-diameter baby potatoes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbs thyme (or any other type of fresh herb available)
- Heat oven to 425. Lightly oil a baking sheet, and boil a large pot of salted water.
- Once water boils, add potatoes. Cook until tender (15-20 minutes).
- Place potatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Use fork to flatten potatoes (keep in one piece).
- Top with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and top with fresh thyme (or desired herb).
- You can use any small potato for this recipe, but I like to use golden potatoes.
- Fresh thyme is obviously preferable (and prettiest), but in a pinch you can sprinkle any fresh herb you have on hand ,or even use a dried version.