- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 lb of ground beef (organic and grass-fed recommended)
- 1 TBS homemade steak seasoning
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 TBS of tomato paste
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- OPTIONAL: Pickles, red onion or tomatoes for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and red pepper to the pan. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add ground beef, steak seasoning and honey to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat and combine all ingredients.
- When the meat has browned, add vinegar, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture 10-15 minutes, or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve on toasted whole wheat buns.