To Die For Blueberry Protein Muffins are, well.. to die for. Tender, hearty, bursting with fresh blueberries and extra protein, this recipe is breakfast perfection.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 Tbsp. to coat blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk (+ additional Tbsp if necessary)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, melted butter, sugar, eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, add blueberries and 1 Tbsp. flour. Toss to coat.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated. Add flour coated blueberries to bowl and gently fold them into the batter. Use an large scoop to fill each of the lined muffin cups with batter. These particular muffins do not rise very much so the cups can be almost filled to the top.
- Bake Muffins for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. the tops of the muffins should be golden brown and the blueberries should "burst." Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
- To Freeze: Allow muffins to cool completely and then arrange them into a single layer on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until muffins are frozen through. Store frozen muffins in an airtight freezer bag for up to 1 month. To thaw, allow muffins to come to room temperature on the counter OR thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Muffins can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days although they are best fresh!
Keywords: Blueberry Muffin, Protein