4-Ingredient Freezer Breakfast Burritos are simple to make, requiring just basic pantry ingredients. Easy to make, simple to customize and perfect for busy mornings.
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage (I like to use turkey in place of pork)
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices of white cheddar cheese
- 8 100% whole-grain tortillas
Breakfast Sausage Mixture:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add breakfast sausage. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula forming curds.
- Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Don't stir constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Add about 1/12 of the eggs and 1/12 of the sausage to the tortilla. Fold the sides into the center of the tortilla and then roll into a burrito. Burritos can be individually wrapped in parchment paper (if you plan to heat in microwave) or aluminum foil (if you plan to heat in the oven) and placed into an airtight zipper bag and placed in the freezer.
To Heat Burritos:
- Oven: Bake breakfast burritos (foil and all) in an oven that has been heated to 425 degrees for 45 minutes. Halfway through the cooking process, flip the burritos so that they cook evenly.
- Microwave: Remove the foil from the burrito and microwave for about 90 seconds (cooking time will vary depending on the size of your burrito). Allow the burrito to cool before enjoying.
You can also heat the burritos in the oven at 350 degrees right after you assemble them and serve immediately. I do like to freeze the leftovers because the burritos can become soggy if stored in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Breakfast Burrito