FOR THE CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
FOR THE CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS:
- olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning
- (1) 3-pack Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups frozen brown rice
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbs. cilantro, minced
- DRESSING: Puree all Cilantro-Lime Dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. There will be small flecks of cilantro that are visible.
- CHICKEN: Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a thin layer of olive oil. While oil heats, pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of chicken thigh. Add chicken to pan. Cook for 12-15 minutes (flipping halfway through cooking) or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from skillet, dice and set aside.
- CORN: While the chicken cooks, heat a pot containing enough water to cover the corn cobs over high heat. Once water boils, add corn and turn down heat to medium. Allow corn to cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Use tongs to remove the corn from the pot and immediately place it under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Use a sharp knife to remove the corn kernels from the cob. Set corn aside.
- RICE: Cook the rice according to package instructions. Place warm rice into a medium size mixing bowl. Add minced cilantro, the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- ASSEMBLY: To each bowl, add 1/4 of the Romaine, 1/4 of the corn, 1/4 of the slice cherry tomatoes, 1/4 o the diced chicken. Drizzle with cilantro-lime dressing.
- Adding a little salsa, sour cream or ranch dressing is a great way to add even more flavor to the salad.
- Nutrition Information does not include cilantro-lime dressing
Keywords: Chicken Burrito Bowl, Cilantro-Lime Dressing