- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, the thinner the better.
- 1 container of you favorite hummus (I like Trader Joe's garlic hummus).
- Smoked Paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of hummus over seasoned chicken breast. Sprinkle hummus covered chicken generously with smoked paprika and then place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Cook chicken at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until center of chicken is no longer pink. Cooking times will vary based on size and thickness of the chicken.
- If you want to make your own hummus but don't have a recipe, I suggest Ina Garten's Classic Hummus. It's simple, healthy and perfect for this dish.
- Using store-bought hummus? Make sure and check the ingredients. Some big brand names have TONS of additives that just really aren't necessary. You should be looking for something along the lines of chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, salt, pepper, garlic, possibly some spices and not much else.
- There is a difference between paprika and smoked paprika... go for the smoked, it's delightful!