Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats - a simple stuffed zucchini recipe that combines the flavors of your favorite buffalo wings with fresh summer veggies.
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella + more for topping
- Garlic and Fine Herb Boursin Cheese (ricotta can be substituted)
- Wash zucchini and slice in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to hollow out the centers, leaving about 1/4" edge all the way around the zucchini. This helps the zucchini hold it's shape.
Make The Buffalo Chicken Filling:
- To a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and ground chicken. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart, stirring frequently until chicken is no longer pink.
- While chicken is cooking, mix yogurt, buffalo sauce, dill, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper together in a small prep bowl. Set aside.
- Once the meat is cooked, add 1 cup of the buffalo/yogurt sauce (you can use the rest to drizzle over top when serving) and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and at least 1/2 of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
Assemble Zucchini Boats:
- While the filling thickens, crumble 1/8 of the Boursin cheese into each hollowed out zucchini.
- Place a generous amount of filling over the Boursin cheese and top with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake zucchini boats at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted through. Cooking times will vary based on the size of your zucchini. Serve immediately.
- Zucchini Boats can be made up to 1 day in advance. Follow recipe directions, but do not bake. Instead, wrap the baking sheet tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. To heat, follow recipe directions.
Keywords: zucchini, buffalo