Simple Carrot Cake Overnight Oats infused with a subtle maple-cinnamon flavor and studded with golden raisins, roasted pecans and sweet carrots.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 TBS pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups milk (any type works)
- 2-3 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: almond butter, pecans, carrots and raisins
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine oats, carrots, raisins, pecans, cinnamon, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Cover with plastic wrap or fitted lid and place in the refrigerator overnight (minimum 3 hours).
- Remove overnight oats from fridge, stir and add desired toppings (optional). Oats can be served cold, room temperature or warmed.
- For vegan or dairy-free, sub almond or oat milk.
- If you would prefer to make the overnight oats in the actual containers that you plan to eat them from, just add 1/4 of each ingredient listed to 4 mason jars, secure the lid, shake and refrigerate.
- Purchase Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, Quick Oats will turn to a mushy mess!