15-Minute Chicken Sausage Flatbread Pizza - a quick, healthy, weeknight-friendly dinner option. The perfect real-food alternative to take-out pizza.
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 lb. ground Italian chicken sausage
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1-14oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. chili flakes
- Preheat broiler to high (or 500 degrees) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dice zucchini. Place diced zucchini on baking sheet. Toss with a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning (we will use the rest later). Broil until browned and tender, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a small bowl and set aside. Adjust oven temperature to 450.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. of olive oil. Add sausage, oregano, and 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning (we will use the rest later). Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until sausage is browned and cooked through. Stir frequently. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheet used for zucchini. Evenly spread with crushed tomatoes (you may have extra). Season with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Top with mozzarella, broiled zucchini, and remaining sausage. Bake in oven until flatbreads are golden brown and cheese is bubbly, 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Add chili flakes ( to taste) and sprinkle with oregano. Cut into slices and serve.